As a homeowner, curb appeal is a big deal. After all, you only get one chance to make a first impression, so it is important to make it a good one. But if your home is rundown, your garden is overgrown, and your lawn looks like a forest, chances are that you are not evoking the emotional response from visitors and passersby that you had hoped.
Luckily, there are a few easy ways to improve your home’s curb appeal, including:
- Gardening & Landscaping: When properly maintained, a garden can be a great, aesthetically appealing addition to any landscape. Plus, it is fairly inexpensive to keep your garden looking its best. However, when neglected, a garden can be a homeowner’s worst nightmare. So be sure to mow, trim, edge, weed, and maintain your garden and surrounding landscape on a regular basis.
- Painting: Chipped or peeling paint can really detract from your home’s curb appeal. Because of this, it is important to keep up with your painting, whether it be your shutters, your porch, your front door, or whatever. A fresh coat of paint can work wonders.
- Front Door: The first impression a guest has of your house happens when they knock on your door. This is why it is so important to pay particular attention to your front door and occasional update your entranceway.
- Windows: Outdated windows make your home look outdated. That is why it is important to invest in new windows when yours are past their prime. Plus, newer windows have the benefit of being energy efficient, which will save you money on your monthly energy bills. That is what we call a win-win.
- Shutters: The outside of any house doesn’t look right until it’s been completed, and that includes accenting windows with high-quality, low maintenance shutters.
- Outdoor Lighting: To cap it all off, the right lighting can really bring everything together. Lights can be used to accent certain architectural features of your home, shine some light on your aesthetically appealing garden so it can even be enjoyed at night, and illuminate your walkway to improve safety.
- Architectural Window Supply: Since 1995, Architectural Window Supply, Inc. has been the premier supplier of custom wood windows and doors in the Baltimore/Washington area. We offer a vast array of custom window and door options that give a stylish, sophisticated look to any residential home or commercial building.
If you have any further questions about Curb Appeal, any of Architectural Window Supply’s other vendors, or if you wish to schedule a free consultation, please contact Architectural Window Supply by calling 410-266-5254 or visit our website!
We base our business on the principles of courtesy, quality and service as well as a solid knowledge of our products!