Do you have a dog? If so, you are not alone. More than 66% of all United States’ households have at least one pet. However, pets can be a lot of work. Are you tired of having to wake up in the middle of the night to let your dog outside to use the “bathroom?” If so, you are in luck. JELD-WEN provides Vinyl Sliding Patio Doors with integrated Pet Panels. These patio doors are not only functional, but also incredibly stylish, something that other doggie doors cannot say. Additional benefits include:
- Operates as a standard patio door
- Low Maintenance and never needs to be painted
- Comes in the colors White and Desert Sand
- Energy Efficient and ENERGY STAR qualified
- Easy to operate WEN-Lock system
- Clear flap, which stays closed thanks to a magnetic pull
- The flap will not be blown open by strong winds, but is still flexible enough for easy passage
- The pet door is available in medium, large and extra large
Measuring for your Pet Door
A doggie door is not useful if your dog cannot fit through it. This is why it is so important to make sure you measure properly. Remember the old adage “measure twice and cut once?” Well the same applies…sort of. Just don’t cut your dog.
- Width: Measure the widest part of your pet (typically the chest).
- Height: Measure your pet from the top of the shoulders to the bottom of the chest or belly. Rule of thumb: For the JELD-WEN Vinyl Sliding Patio Door, a 15-inch pet door height is typically suitable for a pet that weighs 15 pounds or less, and an 18-inch door typically works for a pet that weighs 40 pounds or less.
- Rise: The rise is the height from the floor to the bottom of the pet door flap. Measure the withers of the dog (from top of shoulders to the floor) to determine which rise is the right option. Rule of thumb: An 8-inch rise is recommended for shorter pets with a 24-1/2-inch maximum withers measurement, and a 10-1/2-inch rise typically works for taller pets with a 27-inch maximum withers.
“Homeowners want reliable and convenient options for their pets,” said JELD-WEN director of product management Elizabeth Souders. “These doors accommodate the four legged members of the household, perform well and look great!”
If you have any further questions about JELD-WEN Integrated Pet Panels or if you wish to schedule a free consultation, please contact Architectural Window Supply by calling 410-266-5254 or visit our website!