67% of all homeowners need new windows, according to JELD-WEN research. Are you one of those 67%? If so, pick up the phone and call Architectural Window Supply, your Maryland JELD-WEN dealer. Our relationship with JELD-WEN makes it easy for us to get the window make and model you want. The only problem is that you don’t know what you want…
What to consider when buying New Windows
- Budget: Perhaps the most important consideration you need to make is your budget. It will dictate every step from here on out.
- Material: First and foremost, choose a material. The most common window materials are vinyl, wood, clad-wood and aluminum. Narrowing down your options depends on your specific wants and needs. Vinyl windows, for instance, are durable, energy efficient, and require little maintenance. Wood, meanwhile, is aesthetically pleasing, but requires much more maintenance. Clad-wood provides extra protection and low maintenance benefits with the added benefit of little maintenance. Aluminum is lightweight, strong, and relatively inexpensive.
- Style: What type of window do you want? There are several styles to choose from, including awning, bay, bow, casement, double-hung, fixed, garden, single-hung, sliding and tilt and turn.
- Maintenance: What is more important to you, curb appeal or low maintenance?
- Energy Efficiency: Windows have come a long with since those inefficient single-pane windows of yesteryear. Today, windows are more energy efficient than ever before, which not only helps your save money on your monthly heating and cooling bills, but also helps keep your home at a much more desirable temperature. Look for Low-E glass, a special glass coating designed to reflect infrared light and keep your home at a comfortable temperature without breaking the bank.
- Noise Reduction: Today, windows can even help shield your home from those noisy neighbors of yours. JELD-WEN windows with ImpactGard protection also offer superior noise reduction. A single pane of glass has a Sound Transmission Class (STC) rating of around 27. Our windows can achieve an STC rating of up to 35.
And that is just the beginning. Call Architectural Window Supply, your Maryland JELD-WEN dealer, today and we will help you find the perfect window for your home. If you have any questions about New Windows or if you wish to schedule a free consultation, please contact Architectural Window Supply by calling 410-266-5254 or visit our website! Our sales staff is both factory-trained and capable of offering you unparalleled insight and advice on your replacement window selection.
What to Consider when Buying Windows JELD-WEN