Spring Has Sprung and it is time to start moving the party outside. Barbeque season is here! No longer are you confined by the confines of your home. Dust off that patio furniture, fire up the grill, and call up your friends. It is time to party on the patio. But wait; is there anything we are missing?
Spring is the Perfect Time to Upgrade Your Patio Door!
Your patio door is your passageway from the comfort of your home to your patio and the exciting outdoors. Your patio door should be as visually pleasing. It should be energy efficient (consider R-value, U-factor, Low-E glass, UV coatings and other glass options). It should be safe and secure. And so much more!
Patio Door Styles
- Sliding Patio Door: Sliding glass doors are exactly what they sound like. These extremely popular patio doors typically consist of two or more panels, which slide or glide back and forth on tracks.
- Swinging Patio Door: Similar to standard doors, these doors utilize hinges to provide a much more traditional patio door.
- Folding Patio Door: Operating accordion-style, each section of the patio door slides on an overhead track and neatly folds away for full access.
Patio Door Materials
- Aluminum: Aluminum is lightweight and strong, making it a durable choice for any patio door. It is also extremely cost effective.
- Fiberglass: Featuring the look and feel of genuine wood, fiberglass patio doors are built to withstand any climate, but at a fraction of the cost of wood.
- Vinyl: A strong plastic, vinyl is known for its durability and energy efficiency, making it a popular option for patio doors.
- Steel: One of the most cost-effective options on the market, steel offers strength and durability with only minimal maintenance.
- Wood: Nothing beats the look and feel of real wood. Nothing.
Architectural Window Supply: Patio Doors in Baltimore, Maryland
In addition to our wide selection of entry doors, Architectural Window Supply also carries a large selection of sliding glass and patio doors. We will help you find the perfect patio door, a patio door that fits your needs, your style, and your budget.
If you have any further questions about our blog, “Spring Has Sprung; it is Time to Upgrade Your Patio Door,”or if you wish to schedule a free consultation, please contact Architectural Window Supply by calling 410-266-5254 or visit our website! You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter as well!