When the time comes to build your dream home, you have a lot to think about – A LOT. Some decisions are minor, and some major. It’s easy to get overwhelmed and focus all of your attention on the “fun” things, like aesthetics. What color siding will you choose? What color roof? Will you have a front porch? What about a back deck? There are so many visually significant decisions to make that it is sometimes easy to overlook those aspects of your new home that will impact functionality and energy efficiency far more than curb appeal. While no less important as siding and roofing, these “boring” decisions often take a backseat in the design process.
Well, we are here to tell you that it is time to give your home’s energy efficiency the time it deserves NOW. It is far better to address energy efficiency during the design and construction phase than it is after you receive that first high energy bill. But where do you start?
Home Energy Efficiency Starts with New Construction Windows
All too often, new homeowners base their window selection on minimum energy efficiency requirements and price. While this will certainly save you time and money now, it will end up costing you in the long run. So, without further ado, here are several tips for selecting new construction windows.
- You have one chance to get it right. New construction windows can be expensive. Replacement windows, meanwhile, are just as expensive. The windows for your home are not something you can simply upgrade several years down the road. Replacement windows are a major investment. It’s not like replacing a fridge.
- Paybacks start immediately. Energy efficiency is the name of the game. “New, energy-efficient windows eventually pay for themselves through lower heating and cooling costs, and sometimes even lighting costs,” according to the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE).
- Do your research. Read up on product information, as well as customer reviews. The more information you find, the more confident you can be in your final decision.
- Choose a name you can trust! While JELD-WEN windows will cost you more initially, they will eventually pay for themselves in the way of continued energy savings. You’ll thank us in the long run.
New Construction Windows from JELD-WEN
An ENERGY STAR® Partner since 1998, JELD-WEN is a recognized leader in manufacturing energy efficient new construction windows. Made with Low E Glass, JELD-WEN windows can do a lot.
- Save homeowners up to 30% more energy than standard windows.
- Protect against UV fading.
- Increase the acoustic performance of your home’s outside envelope.
- And improve curb appeal.
JELD-WEN’s extensive line of products, including wood, wood-clad, vinyl, and aluminum window, are sold globally through multiple distribution channels, including retail home centers, wholesale distributors and building products dealers, like Architectural Window Supply.
Architectural Window Supply: Maryland’s Choice for New Construction Windows
For the past 20 years Architectural Window Supply has been the go-to choice for Maryland homeowners, builders, and architects who need personalized, knowledgeable service. Our experienced, knowledgeable staff can help you select the right windows for your new construction project.
If you have any questions about New Construction Windows, or wish to schedule a free consultation, please contact Architectural Window Supply by calling 410-266-5254 or visit our website! When you come to us for information and guidance, we’ll make sure you get what you need.