Summer is in full swing, which means one thing; you are doing everything you can to beat the heat and lower your monthly energy bills. And while you are cracking your windows to feel that cool summer breeze, remember the below Window Safety Tips. Shockingly, nearly 100,000 children were rushed to the emergency room to be treated for injuries sustained from window falls between 1990 and 2008.
Be safe. You do not want your child to become another statistic.
Window Safety Tips from Your Baltimore Window Supplier
- Teach children proper window safety.
- Open only windows that children cannot reach.
- Close and lock windows when children are around. Remember, screens are not designed to prevent falls.
- Keep furniture, or anything else a child can climb, away from windows
- The Journal of the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends several architectural design measures, including: the use of devices to secure or restrict windows’ openings, limiting access to windows by young children, and addressing landing surfaces below windows.
- Look into the New JELD-WEN Window Opening Control Devices (WOCD). JELD-WEN’s WOCDs now include more styles of windows than ever before. JELD-WEN offers factory-installed WOCD options on several of its product lines, including: Custom Wood Double-Hung and Casement Windows, Siteline EX Wood Double-Hung and Casement Windows, Tradition Plus Wood Double-Hung and Casement Windows, W-2500 Wood Double-Hung and Casement Windows, Premium Vinyl Casement, Premium Vinyl Sliding, and Premium Atlantic Vinyl Casement.
Architectural Window Supply, Your Baltimore Window Supplier
Architectural Window Supply has been Baltimore, Maryland’s premier window supplier since 1995. Everything we sell is offered at affordable prices that include measuring, ordering, and delivery right to your home. Best of all, we are an official dealer for such leading brand names of upscale windows as Norwood, Belisle, and, of course Jeld-Wen. This relationship with our dealers makes it easy for us to get the model and make that you want.
If you have any further questions about our blog, “Window Safety Tips from Your Baltimore Window Supplier,” or if you wish to schedule a free consultation, please contact Architectural Window Supply by calling 410-266-5254 or visit our website! You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter as well!